View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #363
JLB1987
Sex machine

Re: What are you playing right now?

Batman: Arkham City GOTY Edition Finally got my copy through. I pre-ordered this months ago, and had a few hours with it last night.

So far, it seems very much "more of the same". It's not been long since I completed Arkham Asylum, and this seems very similar, but much larger. I'm not sure if bigger is going to be better, but already it proves that with the bigger area to play in, the developers have also given you the chance to feel more like Batman than in the last game.

Only played the first Catwoman section, but it seems like it could break up the pace nicely. I just hope they're not all combat orientated- having no grappling hook, but being more agile, could really mix the stealth sections up.

Also tried a couple of the challenge maps, as Robin. Whilst the combat is no different between the characters, it's clear that a lot of effort went towards making them look different and interesting. It's quite empowering using Red Robin's staff in combat, despite the combat mechanics being exactly the same regardless. I also appreciate how the enemies refer to each character differently, rather than having one set of dialogue for Batman and another for the rest, which is what I expected.

So far, I'm pleased, but not "wowed" like I thought. I would be.

Last edited by JLB1987; 11-02-2012 at 04:03 PM.
JLB1987 is offline   Reply With Quote