View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #288
JLB1987
Sex machine

Re: What are you playing right now?

Dragon Age Love my new city elf. Time will tell if I get bored of him as I have my other two non-bearded, axe wielding dwarven characters (no idea why I seem to prefer playing as something the direct physical opposite of myself), but I already remember why I love this game so. My only criticism is that the game dips it's toe into being quite dark, but never really commits to it. Wish it was darker still, although I guess a wider audience would have been compromised if they made the game more "mature".

Spelunky Free PC game, recently remade for Xbox. Since I'm not connected to Xbox live, I tried this version as I really like the idea of ultra-difficult action games, but never had the time for something like Dark Souls. It's brilliant. So far only made it to the second zone, and approaching 250 deaths, but there's something rewarding about slowly getting better, gradually getting further. Plus it appeals to my OCD nature to collect treasures. Many, many treasures.

Also, you can shoplift and sacrifice damsels in distress for material gain. One of the best games I've played for ages.

Guitar Hero series, exclusively on drums. On hard/ expert modes. Great game. Finishing Motorhead's "Overkill" on hard is probably the highlight of my gaming career. Screw Dark Souls, this is where the challenge is. On a serious note, it's great playing a game which tricks you into exercising, and makes you feel like you're doing something sort of productive.

Despite having very limited gaming time due to having a high-maintenance woman (and her daughter) in the house, I've never had it so good as a gamer. Look forward to catching up on my indie bundle backlog as soon as we get internet sorted out...
JLB1987 is offline   Reply With Quote