View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #205
GoldenDie
New Poster

Re: What are you playing right now?

Team Fortress 2, XBox 360

After playing a number of rather involved single player experiences I opted to try TF2.

I've owned the Orange Box since last year. Until I learned of Richard's love of the game through the Podcast I had no interest in trying this out.

With my awareness that Valve have cut ties with the console version I was initially skeptical as to my chances of finding a game to join, particularly as we are now getting on for five years since release.

I was pleasantly surprised to find it easy to join a live game. After a couple of hours of play spread over the last couple of nights I have been quickly drawn into the experience and find myself enjoying it immensely. I've experimented with most of the different character classes, finding the medic and the pyro most to my taste so far. The game is easy to pick up and play, and even in the midst of regular deaths, I have yet to experience the same frustration and rage that I find with the Modern Warfares and Halo's when I'm on the receiving end of the bullets.

Why is this?

I have a feeling that I must give credit to valve for giving the world of TF2 some character. Apart from the distinct classes they created, I enjoy watching the taunt animations and listening to the voices of each character. I also appreciate the look of the cartoon style in this game. The sum total of these elements engenders TF2 with a charm that brings a smile to my face.

The smile remains as my cartoon remains splatter across the wall for the umpteenth time.

Does anybody else still dip their toes into this game?

Last edited by GoldenDie; 04-30-2012 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Typos!
GoldenDie is offline   Reply With Quote