View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #1969
JLB1987
Sex machine

Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

The Walking Dead. I've never read the comics, and didn't really enjoy the television series, but really wanted to give this game a go. I liked the thought of a zombie game based on the characters, rather than killing everything you see (got Left 4 Dead 2 for that).

Anyway, I loved it. I'd describe it as a simplified point & click (bear in mind I'm only familiar with old school ones, not played any of Telltale Games other recent episodic games), with an emphasise on character interaction. It only last two hours, with more episodes to be released presumably on a monthly basis. The only bad thing I really have to say is that you have to click on stuff in a pretty exact location for you to be able to interact with it. For example, if you want to open a door, you can't just click on the door- they'll be a specif spot you have to click on. This can lead to furiously shaking the mouse until you get the right spot.

There are five major decisions in the game that dictate how the rest of the episode, and future episodes, play out. I get the feeling that the story won't play out too differently despite any choices made, but I expected this. I like how, after completeing the episode, each of the five major decisions you made are listed at the end, along with what the majority of other players chose to do. Turns out for every single decision, I chose the least popular option!

Overall, I'd highly recommend this, even if you haven't read the comic book this is based upon.
JLB1987 is offline   Reply With Quote