View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 06:50 AM   #201
RandomRob

Rep Power: 9 RandomRob will become famous soon enoughRandomRob will become famous soon enough
Re: What are you playing right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Did you finish Dear Esther? I liked it well enough but I can't imagine why anyone would play it again. The whole on rails thing was annoying - I guess they didn't want you to ever turn back.

My main issue was with the narrative though. They needed to get more of the story out there, not just string together a bunch of wishy-washy vignettes and hope that the listener will fill in enough blanks that they attain some artistic significance. They could have made it something special by being less opaque.

Interesting that Enslaved grabbed you above other games. For intriguing gameplay experiences I am going to try and play STALKER and Metro 2033 this year, which will probably give me what I want, but they seem to be games where the world is the character rather than the inhabitants (which is what I'm into I guess).

In other news, hitting in The Show 12 is fucking impossible. I don't know if I'll be able to get past it and enjoy the game. Painful.
I played about half an hour of Dear Esther and moved on, didnt feel the need to go any further.. it was clear there wasnt going to be any major reveal or shift in what was happening..

Enslaved had 3 things I love: Antiheroes, American cities covered in weeds, and a golden age sci-fi art design.
RandomRob is offline   Reply With Quote