View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
Tata
New Poster

Re: Rate this Review: Mass Effect 3

Thanks for the reply. It actually gave me insight into my flaws.
Quote:
if you make references to other games, make sure that also someone who didn't play those games understands what you mean
That's what I was really afraid to do. I thought if i had done that, half the review would be about other games and not ME3, making the review way too disjointed from ME3 or being more like a longer essay. Now that you mentioned it, I wouldn't have any idea of what I just said if I hadn't played any of these games.
Quote:
if you want to talk about the end in detail, how about writing a specific article about the end? You don't have to write a review to write about a game topic.
You mean not mentioning the ending at all in the review or I should direct readers to another topic about the ending with a link? It would look really awkward if the LOW would be about the ending and I don't even mention it in the review (I know this is was talked to bloody bits already, but I actually thing the ending was atrocious.)
And what you said about the final point I gave and the positives of the game; I eventually realized you were right. As I said, I forgot a lot of things I wanted to write and I ran through the complete review only once. Now I learned I should wait minimum one day with the actual posting, as I really left out a lot of positives (like the weapon mods, some boss fights, etc.), so I should have given it a better point (6,5 or 7 maybe).
Also, I finished Planescape: Torment this January and I'm also playing Fallout 1 right now. These are classic RPGs, and I think they affected my judgment way more than they should have.
I'll definitely give a new run to the ME3 review, paying more attention to the points you mentioned.
Thanks again.
Tata is offline   Reply With Quote