View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 10:26 AM   #1908
crackajack
64-bit Poster

Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

Tidalis
The play field consists of colored blocks with arrows on them. You can change their direction by right clicking and "drawing" a direction. And with left click you start a stream. Which should then hit at least three of the same color. The basics are simple but with a ton of modifiers every level of the 115 played quite differently.
Create combos, create no combos, get negative points, just survive, move metal cages to the bottom, destroy wooden boxes and so on.
It's one of the puzzle games were no matter what the player does it may end in failure. At least it appears that way. Randomized blocks at the beginning were you can't do anything at some point later are just bad luck and you have to restart, but if it's running it's fun.
Worst, although skip-able, part of the game was that the adventure mode had something like a story in it. It redefines bla-bla. I did not read everything but here and there a line and the final sequence. I guess even the never ending sameness of Morrowinds dialogs compressed into a ~15-20 hour game was better. A puzzle game without story is alright but a terrible story is a terrible story. Why even do it?

Btw Cheap on steam right now.
crackajack is offline   Reply With Quote