View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 04:55 AM   #1899
Pedro
128-bit Poster

Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

I also finished Dark Souls last night, after - wait for it - 108 hours! I was level 71 I think.

Fantastic game. I got frustrated in Anor Londo halfway through, and it took me a long time to get some bosses due to a reluctance to team up with other players. That would be my main complaint - for those who enjoy playing alone, or don't have online, it could be very frustrating.

I pretty much changed from a light armoured character to a tank in the later stages when I got strong enough (Havel's armour, Gravelord Sword) and that was a lot of fun as it's very different to my usual playstyle.

People complain about the 'later' levels - Lost Izalith, Tomb of the Giants ect - but I found them all a real pleasure after being stuck in Anor Londo for so long. I also liked that the bosses got easier after my O&S nightmare.

Accidentally picked the 'bad' ending. There were a couple of places that I decided to do a bit of exploring and was kicked out of with a 'decision' made for me which was a bit annoying. The other was the Painted World, where I was made walk the plank before I could decide whether to kill the boss.

I played through to Andre the Blacksmith in NG+ but that's me done with it, I think. I don't think I'll be trying for the 'good' ending.

My GOTY for sure.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote