View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #67
Li-Ion
Space Pirate

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now?

Since I'm separated from both my PS3 and my gaming PC for almost a week now, I had some time to read:

Marina by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
I think this book is more aimed at young adults and less at old adults like me, but I liked it nonetheless. It's nowhere near as refined as his later The Shadow of the Wind or The Angels Game. Still a good book and pretty quick to read. Thumbs up.

Wartime Lies by Louis Begley
Semi-autobiographic novel about a jewish boy and his aunt surviving wartime Poland by lying to authorities and everyone else.
*sigh*
The edition I was reading has 220 pages. I would have been ok with roughly half that. It's just such a long book in a way. Apparently this book won some prizes and is generally awesome, I just don't see it.

Tomorrow to Be Brave by Susan Travers
Susan Travers is the only woman to serve in the French foreign legion and this book tells her story. Very interesting, both book and woman. I'm about halfway now and doubt it will take me more than one more day to finish.

Wind-up Bird Chronicles by Haruki Murakami
Just started, too early to tell but so far nothing 'unexpected' from my favourite surrealist Japanese author (that's a narrow category, I agree ).