View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 09:07 AM   #102
JLB1987
Sex machine

Re: What are you playing right now?

Civilization 5
Bought it on Steam, as it was on sale, and I realised that it would run on my laptop (fairly well, too, on medium settings. Did not expect that). So far, I'm impressed. My only previous experience with the series was number 3, and I was kinda let down by that instalment (the final straw was the Statue of Zeus wonder, I think, which just threw extra mounted units at you for free. Very cheap, and put me off playing the game any further). Civ 5 is much more satisfying. I like how you can no longer stack units, so tactics plays a far greater part in war now, rather than who has the most units. Also, the hexagonal grid makes play feel far more natural. Love it so far, but I'm finding it a bit too easy on medium difficulty.

Deus Ex
The original one. Finally found a way of getting it to work without displaying many of the colours incorrectly. Bringing back old memories- haven't played this for years, but so far am enjoying it as much as I hoped I would. Will be playing through this one and the sequel. Hoping by the time I've completed both games, Human Revolution will be in GOTY form, as I refuse to buy games that have DLC planned. It's all or nothing for me.

Last edited by JLB1987; 09-14-2011 at 03:37 PM.
JLB1987 is offline   Reply With Quote