View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 04:07 AM   #1866
crackajack
32-bit Poster

Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Do you complete everything you play?
Not if "parts are excellent" is not as good as it needs to be to ignore the bad parts.
I dumped many hours in Morrowind and Boiling Point which i kind of liked while playing but the fun vanished completely at some point and then the sterile design kicked in respectively the bugs made many quests impossible. I can overlook things quite generously, but i have a limit.

Quote:
damned hunt for pure Bladestone
I really can't remember how often i killed the "hidden" Dual Katana guy in 4-2 with ~20 luck just to get for starters the necessary Chunks when i stopped trying Pure and went for NG+. Fortunately i got it then on the very first revisit after killing Satsuki and actually going for the Primeevil Demon.
I usually like repetitive grinding, when it's a job of collecting 50 whatever, but not when it appears like random luck, where getting a (very) rare drop is the goal and i'm accumulating 100 items i don't need while doing so.

Ah, another thing that was stupidly done in DS:
Picking up items had no preview and or cancel option. I have to blindly pick everything up and then drop it inconveniently via the menu.
crackajack is offline   Reply With Quote