View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 04:14 PM   #89
Pedro
64-bit Poster

Re: What are you playing right now?

Playing a fair bit of Madden 10 still; the online franchise is on a knife edge, with every game seeming critical.

I bought a pair of P11 headphones on Friday and as they were my first proper set for gaming I thought I'd buy Dead Space 2 as a suitable atmospheric game with which to try them out.

However, I also picked up Far Cry 2 for cheap, and haven't been able to tear myself away from it. What a world! It's fantastic, and the scene is beautifully set by the opening cab ride. The missions are ok, but livened up by the appearance of buddies. One of these, a Charlie Sheen-type character, has just gone and died on me, god dammit. I miss his madcap plans already. The enemy AI is excellent most of the time, with soldiers flanking you from both sides. There are some terrible design decisions also - not being able to drive around the world without bumping into enemy checkpoints being the main one.

But a wonderful game. If the developers can put in the same strong performance for the next one and iron out some of the small flaws, then I am sold already.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote