Doug Troy
Surly McDouchebag

Re: Last movie impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li-Ion View Post
The Last Airbender
WTF? WTF WTF WTF?
DO NOT WATCH!
That was the worst movie I saw since Alone in the Dark, which I consider the worst movie I ever watched. Even Uwe Bolls Dungeon Siege movie has more artistic merit than this piece of rubbish. The Last Airbender fails at almost every level. The story feels disjointed and until the end I wasn't sure what was the point of all the bending. It felt like they took parts of a long-running B-level tv series and glued them together without trying to make the movie a coherent whole. The acting was horrible with some really odd casting choices and career-worst performances. Some of the effects were nice, but if that's the best thing to say about a movie that cost 280 million dollar (according to wikipedia) then something went wrong. M. Night Shyamalan managed to make a movie that's worse than the Village and even the Sign on every conceivable level. I'm now convinced that Sixth Sense was a good movie despite M. Night Shyamalan and not because of him. I want this 1 hour 40 minutes of my life back. I can't understand how nobody working on the movie would step up at some point of the whole production process and say: wait a minute, that's all rubbish!
Have you seen the cartoon it's based on? Because if you REALLY want that movie to sting, watch the cartoon all the way through and then compare all the things the show did absolutely right that the movie did absolutely horribly completely balls-to-the-wall wrong. Think about all the thought and blood and sweat that went into the source material and then watch M Night piss all over it with a smile on his face.
"I actually talked to an Iraqi cabdriver last year in Salt Lake City about the war. He said it was like the US came and weeded his garden, but pulled out most of the vegetables in the process. Needless to say, he had mixed feelings. So I stiffed him on the tip. USA! USA! USA!"
Doug Troy is offline   Reply With Quote