View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 11:06 PM   #1849
gamevet

Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog View Post
I think Sonic really jumped the shark with Sonic 2006. Sonic Adventure was very rough around the edges, but at least it laid the ground for Sonic Adventure 2, which was great for the most part.
Some would say Sonic 3D was the starting point, but it's pretty obvious that Sonic Adventure did things you would not normally do in a Sonic Platformer. When the game requires you to wander around 3D areas to find the Chaos Emeralds, before you can actually play a level, you soon realize that this isn't the game you were expecting, especially when all the screen shots and reviews paint a different picture of what the game is.

Quote:
Fortunately, as of late, it seems Sonic games are getting pretty good. Colours was enjoyable and Generations looks excellent so far.
I've heard quite a bit of positive feedback on the game, but unfortuneatly, the new Sonic game available through PSN and LIVE didn't recieve alot of praise.

Quote:
Interestingly, Sonic Adventure has a lot of platforming compared to recent Sonic games, but the controls and camera are far too imprecise to handle it, especially in the later levels.
There are platforming sections to the levels, but for the most part you're pushing the stick forward and steering Sonic to collect rings while going along for the ride. It's not a pure platformer, like the Genesis games.
gamevet is offline   Reply With Quote