View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 12:35 PM   #1843
Gog
New Poster

Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

Sonic Adventure

It had been years since I played it, but this game defined my childhood; I thought it was very good when I was younger. Playing it now, it's an absurdly awful mess, riddled with bugs, collision issues, sub-par minigames, useless collectibles and bad level design. The story and voice acting are particularly disastrous; I laugh my way through the cutscenes, while crying in shame deep inside at the same time. At least the music is good.

Ms. Splosion Man

Damn this game is hard. And sexist (not really).

Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands

Good but forgettable (pun non-intended). Repetition, uninspired story and drab art direction is the cause of its demise.

Enslaved - Odyssey to the West

I didn't like it all. Gameplay feels sticky and weak, the story goes nowhere and way too much effort has been put forth in making the player empathize with Trip. I don't like to feel manipulated and this game was keen on ordering me around like a... slave. Oh, I see now. On a final note, the music in this game is very bland for the most part; when will they learn that interesting, creative, daring and evocative music is paramount for a memorable game?!

Catherine is next and I can't wait! I really liked the demo.
Gog is offline   Reply With Quote