View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 09:28 AM   #64
Li-Ion
Space Pirate

Re: What are you playing right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackajack View Post
That's were my desire for Morrowind bits comes into the discussion. Afair my running speed is there completely dependent on the overall weight.
Interesting... I didn't notice that in Oblivion. But I only played for about 20 hours before I got fed up with the leveling system and my bard never carried that much around.

Quote:
Depends on the way a game introduces its own classes. If i start like in Gothic 1 as an undefined inmate and i decide in the course of the game what i learn, what i have to learn to survive my playstyle and what i don't learn then it's completely fine with me to create a mish-mash character who reacts to his world, but when the game lets me choose a character and i take my time to ponder what i want, how he looks, what his name is, then this choice should have an impact. If it's more or less unimportant they should not let me label him at the start.
Hm... I don't see the classes in DS as much as a mold but more as an origin. Like in Mass Effect 1 where you choose where your character is coming from (war hero, sole survivor, spacer, etc.). That makes it easier to identify myself with the character. The start as undefined inmate like in Gothic or Oblivion makes me struggle to get a connection to my avatar. That's what I liked about the beginning of Fallout 3, where I got some sense for the world and the people in it. Even though I got sick of it after Megaton. Coming back to DS: while I find character growth in many classic RPG pretty limited, I enjoyed the relative freedom to use whatever weapon or spell I see fit as long as my stats are high enough. And even for weapons were they aren't, like the meat cleaver, I can still use them two-handed to great effect.

Quote:
He was beatable while other attempts on the tower knight would have frustrated me even more. Leave me that success.
Congratulations

Now have some fun with the black skeletons