View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 09:50 AM   #1838
JLB1987
Sex machine

Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubergoat View Post
Red Faction: Guerilla

Got it earlier last week because I was thinking I'd want to get Armageddon, that didn't happen just because the reviews are telling me it's not worth (for me) buying for $60. Anyway, found Guerilla to be good mindless fun, never played another game that lets you destroy your environment so completely. My only complaint about the destruction is I wish it was a tad more realistic. I had one big building supported completely on one tiny ass pole off to one side, I took a step back and looked at it from every angle and it was JUST the one support beam in a corner of a building holding up the entire superstructure, the story could have done with some more fleshing out but...hey, it's not like I expected an amazing story or anything of the sort. I went and watched Red Faction Origins right after for fun too :P
I had a problem with that, too. You have to remember that gravity is a lot weaker in the game than in real life, so that goes some way to explaining things. But yes, having it slightly more realistic would have been good. At least it tended to be consistent, though.
JLB1987 is offline   Reply With Quote