View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 11:37 PM   #10
Eric Bowman
8-Bit Poster

Re: Please Rate This Review: Sonic Colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Naik View Post
Hey Decabo, this is almost ready as-is, but there's a few things to look at.
  • "Sonic doesn't insta-drown when he touches water anymore." Sonic actually went into water in almost all of the Genesis games. Maybe you mean something different here?
  • Move the 4th and 5th paragraphs to where they are after the 1st paragraph. The mechanical discussion fits better right after your opening, and the plot parts segue nicely into the part about voice acting.

Nice job-you've been turning out some good stuff lately.
Hey Richard, thanks for the comment!

The insta-drown comment refers to recent 3D Sonic games. Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 is infamous for killing Sonic if he touches a foot of water, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MWEHwvcnyM, jump to 2:48) and Sonic Unleashed also loved make entire stages based on the water being deadly. It always struck me as dumb, so I'm glad Sonic Team is actually focusing on giving Sonic reasonable threats. I'll update the review so it's clear I'm drawing a distinction with past 3D Sonic games, not Sonic games as a whole.

I see what you mean about the paragraphs, it seems strange to have the plot and voice-acting paragraphs so far apart. I'll address that as suggested.

Thanks for the continued feedback on my reviews, it's been incredibly helpful.

5. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis)
4. Resident Evil 4 (GC)
3. Radiata Stories (PS2)
2. Jak II (PS2)
1. Mass Effect (Xbox 360)