View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
Eric Bowman
8-Bit Poster

Re: Please Rate This Review: Sonic Colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog View Post
Great review. It is well-written, well-informed and well-structured.

You clearly know what you're talking about, and your review encompasses my own feelings about this game perfectly; finally a nice 3D Sonic game that can be enjoyed fully without leaving a sour taste in the mouth.

The dust off your wii comment isn't necessary, though... Also, in your last paragraph, which gives a largely positive vibe, you use the word pathetic to describe the boss battles; it resonates strangely, and I don't think it is quite appropriate. I would use the word disappointing instead, but that's just a suggestion.

I do hope some mods will read and greenlight this review, but I fear Sonic Colors is not very popular on these forums...
Thanks for the comment!

I appreciate the kind words. I knew that by making a review of a Sonic game, I ran the risk of it being overlooked, especially on these forums. In the end, I decided I'd review games I actually wanted to talk about, rather than what's going to get me the most votes.

I agree with you that the word "pathetic", in addition to feeling out of place, is also a bit ambiguous as to what was actually pathetic about them. I think "wimpy" would be a better word for that, because it makes it clear that the problem was the low difficulty, not any sort of bland design, or something along those lines.

As for the "dust off your Wii" comment... I can certainly see where you're coming from, but I picked that line because I wanted to make it clear that I'm not a Wii fan in order to prove that I'm judging this game in comparison to all games, and not just Wii games. Sonic Colors isn't just good for a Wii game. It's good, period. I'll stick with that line for now, although I might ponder it some more.

I appreciate the feedback. I was starting to worry no one was going to go near a Sonic review with a ten-foot pole.

5. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis)
4. Resident Evil 4 (GC)
3. Radiata Stories (PS2)
2. Jak II (PS2)
1. Mass Effect (Xbox 360)