View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #7
crackajack
32-bit Poster

Re: Last movie impressions

Over Her Dead Body
The idea might be something that could have worked well. That something must have gone terribly wrong is obvious after the first scene.
I just had to hate Eva Longoria throughout the movie almost up to the end when finally they had mercy and gave this romantic comedy(???) a nice of course foreseeable ending. How can she and/ or her management put her in that role? Or any woman...

Silentium
The first film adaptation, Komm ser Tod (Come Sweet Death), of this book series was better. This one had still the incredible character of Simon Brenner (Josef Hader) in it, with his "i don't give a damn, but actually i'm or was a police officer" attitude. Great. But the story about a murder, pedophilia, slave trade, church dignitaries and especially the somewhat unfinished end never felt satisfactory told.

Asterix at the Olympic Games
The animation movies were good, but the real actor movie got worse with each release.
Alain Delon as a vain Cesar was awesome but the rest was as awful as the Garfield movie from last week. Like the makers didn't understand what made the originals successes.
crackajack is offline   Reply With Quote