View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 07:43 AM   #1520
Zanbatou
64-bit Poster

Send a message via AIM to Zanbatou
Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

I just finished Braid, which was recently released on the PC. Pretty great game overall. I loved the art style and music. And the music is affected by your time manipulations, which is really neat. A lot of the puzzles were really clever, and all of the solutions felt pretty elegant, once I finally figured them out.

My one complaint is that I got stuck a few times when my initial solutions looked like they'd would work out, if only I was a little faster or more precise. I think I wasted about an hour total stubbornly trying to do various things the wrong way, and then feeling embarrassed when I realized the actual solutions were much simpler. It's my own fault, obviously, but I wish the game had done a better job of steering me away from these dead ends. There were many cases when I was a pixel or two away from making a jump or grabbing a puzzle piece, but I just couldn't quite make it all the way there. And the rewind mechanic makes trying again and again doable.

Anyway, if anyone else plays this game (and you definitely should), you should trust the puzzle designers. The solutions are all very elegant, even if they don't seem like it at first.
Zanbatou is offline   Reply With Quote