View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 12:00 AM   #6
Izzardius
New Poster

Re: Please rate this review: Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People

Brad,

I definitely understand where you’re coming from. My own appreciation for Homestar was something I was really worried about as I began writing the article, and I seriously considered scrapping the whole thing since I thought I was coming off as too much of a fanboy.

But when it comes down to it, I can’t write as anything other than a fan since that's what I am. I tried as best I could to temper it and to point out that my enthusiasm was based on my previous appreciation for Homestar Runner, but in the end the article and the score reflect my opinion and my experience, and I felt that the score was warranted based on that experience. Believe me, if I didn't think that the game was up to snuff I would gladly give it the thrashing it deserves.

I understand that someone who doesn’t like Homestar will disagree with the score, but I can’t rationalize penalizing it when the score is based solely on my opinion.

Anyway, that's how I feel. If a score change is absolutely necessary then I'll comply, but I just wanted to explain the thought process behind the rating. Thanks.

Last edited by Izzardius; 01-05-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Izzardius is offline   Reply With Quote