View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 09:26 AM   #1472
Epic Juicebox
Noisy?

Rep Power: 14 Epic Juicebox is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Epic Juicebox
Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

The other night, I finished Lost Odyssey on the X360. Logged right about 70 hours, and enjoyed every minuted of it! Well, every minute except the ones I wasted trying to kill that stupid 'ring master' and his dog - such an infuriatingly difficult battle, and I have nothing to show for it... except for my failure and shame! Anyway, the storyline was good - albeit a little hokey at times *understatement* - but what really kept me going was how much fun it was doing all the little side stuff sprinkled throughout the game! That, and the fact that the visuals and audio were polished to a point of inspiring awe on occasion! On the whole, I'd recommend this game to anyone looking to return to their turn-based RPG roots for a well paced, true to form throwback to the JRPG's of yesteryear!

All praise aside, I absolutely despised the character they billed as the lead villian. Not because he was so evil or anything... but because he just looked so incredibly stupid! Like he belonged on Monday Night RAW or something - not in a future/fantasy roleplaying game! *sigh* And the hair that was hanging down in Kaim's face throughout the game. What is that?!

- EJ

Now Playing: Persona (PSP) - Scribblenauts (DS) - Assassin's Creed II (X360)

Check out my entire collection at IGN!
Epic Juicebox is offline   Reply With Quote