View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 07:50 PM   #1459
Epic Juicebox
Noisy?

Rep Power: 13 Epic Juicebox is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Epic Juicebox
Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

Finally finished Okami for the Wii today. It was fun. I totally couldn't imagine playing it on anything but the Wii, though. Brush techniques with a controller couldn't have possibly been as much fun - or as rewarding - to land just right! Granted, it was a little testy at times, but still. I liked it!

The game overall hit a lot of high notes. The art was great, the story had its moments, and the fighting was nifty... but about half way through the game, I was over it. I can't say I regret soldiering on, though. The ending was inspiring! It did a lot to kinda send me back down memory lane - reintroducing characters and locations I remembered fondly - and I actually found myself reminiscing as though the experiences were my own. This might not have been so significant had I finished the game in a reasonable amount of time, but I think it took me something like 3 months to reach the finale (clocking about 40 hours overall, which doesn't say much for how often I actually played). Anyway, I guess what I'm getting at is that I liked it... even though I had a hard time finishing it! Haha!

Now that I've closed that chapter, I think I might pick up World of Goo and give it a go (it's out now, right?)!

- EJ

Now Playing: Persona (PSP) - Scribblenauts (DS) - Assassin's Creed II (X360)

Check out my entire collection at IGN!
Epic Juicebox is offline   Reply With Quote