View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 03:38 AM   #1335
Epic Juicebox
Noisy?

Rep Power: 13 Epic Juicebox is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Epic Juicebox
Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

Just finished Blue Dragon for the Xbox 360 - actually, I'm watching the credits roll while I'm typing this post - and was actually quite surprised at how good a time I had with it. Not the deepest or most 'grown up' roleplaying game I've ever played, but it had a lot of heart. And it was very solid! Production value was certainly very high. The whole game had a kind of cinematic quality. Funny thing about it, too. I'm really not much of a Toriyama fan. But rendered in 3D, his art finally clicked with me! I get it now! *grin* I have to say that the battle system got a little repetitive by the end... well, a lot repetitive, actually... and I think the shadow/skill system had a lot more merit than was actually put to use. But again, very solid throughout. And I'm definitely looking forward to putting in Lost Odyssey (which I picked up last week)... but before I do, I think I'll take a break!

I swear, there's something super rewarding about knocking out an epic like this. I kinda feel like I just saved the world or something!

- EJ

Now Playing: Persona (PSP) - Scribblenauts (DS) - Assassin's Creed II (X360)

Check out my entire collection at IGN!
Epic Juicebox is offline   Reply With Quote