View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 01:16 AM   #3
Zanbatou
64-bit Poster

Send a message via AIM to Zanbatou
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now?

I read a lot of children's books. I just finished A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett and Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. Both were very, very good.

I also read Coraline by Neil Gaiman. I think I'm about ready to give up on that author. He's by far the most praised author ever among my group of friends, but I don't understand why. His books are enjoyable, but I don't get very much from them. I will still try the Sandman comics, though. Someday.

As far as real books go, I just finished Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, and have started in on Emma.

And I'm about half way through A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers. It's pretty funny and interesting, but after this I need to stop reading memoirs for at least a year.

Also.. I found a cool website called www.goodreads.com a few months ago. It's a social networking site based completely around books. I think its pretty fun. If anyone here signs up, let me know. I know there's a facebook plugin that pretty much offers the same functionality, but I think facebook is already cluttered enough.

Last edited by Zanbatou; 02-11-2008 at 03:50 AM.
Zanbatou is offline   Reply With Quote