View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 05:42 AM   #1267
Gene Park
Critic Emeritus

Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

I beat Naruto: Rise of a Ninja for the XB360. Not a bad game, especially for Naruto fans.

I only rented it in anticipation of it taking longer than two days for me to beat (something for me to do on Xmas, but alas it wasn't to be). But I also wanted to get up to speed on what Naruto was actually about. Although some people might find the whole story and cutscenes tedious, it was helpful to me since I had no previous experience with the series.

At least after having played the game, I can tell the difference between a hokage and a jutsu. Which is more than what I can say about Harry Potter, another kiddy crazy I'm not familiar with at all. I have no idea what a hogwart is.

The game itself is a mixture of a standard DBZ type anime fighter, and Assassin's Creed, strangely enough. And Crackdown. It was also developed by Ubisoft so that kinda makes sense. The most fun I had with the game is running through the city at top speed. After playing that, it was hard to go back to Altair and his 5 mph sprint.

Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Facebook
Twitter
Gene Park is offline   Reply With Quote