View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 10:11 PM   #109
Nicato
Next-Gen Poster

Re: The Root of all Evil/Trobule With Atheism

Lady and gentlemen: the intellectual consistency of Mike Doolittle:

1. Faith in god is logical, but god is beyond logic.

2. Logic and science aid us in our understanding of the unknown, but logic and science can't examine the unknown.

3. The first cause is a logical necessity, but not really.

4. Faith in god is a recognition of limitations in our universe, but you don't need faith in god to recognize the limitations of our universe.

5. Science brings us closer to understanding God, but god, in principle is beyond the understanding of science.

6. The limitations of our universe is not evidence of a beyond, but the limitations of our universe is evidence of a beyond.

7. My arguments are circular and credulous, but not illogical.

8. I'm not concluding that god exists, I'm just saying that a first-cause and a supernatural are a logical necessity and that the only alternative to my god hypothesis is the universe coming from nothing.

9. Nicato needs to stop bringing the Christian God up because I don't believe in it, but I do believe that most Christians believe in my god.

10. I never said that faith was reasonable, but faith is reasonable.

Rummy, any closing thoughts?:

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don't know we don't know."
Nicato is offline   Reply With Quote