View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 05:52 PM   #54
Nicato
Next-Gen Poster

Re: The Root of all Evil/Trobule With Atheism

Quote:
Mike Doolittle (Post #51):
I'd urge you guys to pay homage to a formerly active GC.com member and read Kant's Critique of Pure Reason. There's an outline on Wikipedia here:
I hope this current debate tactic you've recently been employing--the kind which you attempt to undermine core, well-established premises/sources (mimes, reason, the NPD)--dies. Its fairly obvious that you only unleash this tactic once you've been backed into a corner--which is why they often come up late in discussion. (And all without irony too, you criticize me for linking to a Wikipedia article refuting a specific argument, then turn around and cite two general refutations.)

Quote:
But assuming science can or will answer all things is no less a position of faith than any religion.
Yes, no. Naturalism is, in a sense, a matter of faith, however, I would not so readily equate it to that of religion. As has been demonstrated in this thread (among other discussions), there is no objective evidence that anything exists outside of the natural world. Therefore, it seems more reasonable to me that a naturalistic explanation exists than a perpetual Z.
Nicato is offline   Reply With Quote