View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 07:42 AM   #1161
Kin Korn Karn

Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

Finished FFXII.

I liked the combat to an extent. I didn't like how some of the really useful gambits did not become available until I was ready to beat the game. Overall, though, I enjoyed combat and didn't mind grinding.

I admittedly did not do any sidequests. I just didn't feel the need. The game was pretty lengthy for me (90 hours) so I felt like it was time to move on.

The story was no good. I respect the fact that they tried to move away from the whole "save the world" bit and kept it down to more of a local/regional conflict. But it just didn't pan out. Boring.

I didn't care for any of the characters. None had any qualities that drew me to them, and I felt pretty apathetic to their cause.

The music was probably the worst part. I have the special edition version that has interviews with the developers and the composer. I can see what he was trying to do to be a bit more minimalistic and "rise up" in combat, etc. However, nothing left an impression. I'm not saying he has to be Uematsu, but for a FF game there should be more effort in this realm.

I'm not sure if I would have finished this FF if it wern't a FF. It almost went the way of FF8 for me: never completed. I am not really sure why it took so long for this installment to come out. Nothing about it is truly revolutionary or special.

I give it a 7/10.
Kin Korn Karn is offline   Reply With Quote