View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 01:46 PM   #1151
sleeveboy
VISUALSHOCK!

Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene_peace View Post
Wrong. Shanghai DID handle Pandora Tomorrow, correct, but Chaos Theory was developed by Montreal. Firstly, because it says so in the game. Secondly, the plot is a natural extension of the first game's plot. Thirdly, the game made some substantial jumps to the first game's gameplay, envisioned originally by the Montreal team. Fourthly, a bunch of French sounding fuckers are interviewed in the making of documentary within the game, not a bunch of Chinese fuckers.
I honestly don't remember the exact division of labor on CT, so you may be right on that. However, I don't think the teams work quite as independently as you're envisioning. Ubi Montreal definitely worked on the enhanced Unreal engine used in single player CT but I could have sworn Ubi Shanghai was involved in putting together the single player campaign in some capacity. All I'm saying is I don't think you can't lay all the blame for the problems at Shanghai's feet.

Quote:
Oh, and I didn't like Pandora Tomorrow that much either. I only thought it was marginally better than the first SC. They just built on top of the first game.
I agree. I actually prefer the single player campaign in the original SC (even though the multiplayer package in PT makes it the best SC overall, imo). The sniper scope is just way too abuseable in PT; I'm glad they took it out for CT. And I don't like how they replaced Lambert's original voice actor with Dennis Haysbert!

Quote:
*sings* "Zer's no Canada like French Canada, it's ze best Canada in ze land!"
Follow the only road!