View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 11:49 AM   #1139
FidgetyAcolyte
64-bit Poster

Send a message via AIM to FidgetyAcolyte
Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

I beat Far Cry Instincts for the Xbox last night. I must say that I am quite amazed at what these developer's can pull off with Xbox hardware, which further has be questioning why is it such a bad thing that the Wii is only "Xbox plus a little" in terms of hardware. A few lighting issues and character model glitches here an there, but on the whole, Far Cry is easily one of the prettiest games I've played in a while.

Not to mention that the gameplay was an absolute blast. I got worried when I started out that I wouldn't be utilizing all my abilities and that I wouldn't really feel like I'm stalking something, but about halfway through, you start to get the feeling that you really are a beast in a jungle. The vehicular portions are also rather fun, although I wish that at least one FPS would switch to standard driving controls for vehicular portions rather than have me hold "up" to go forward, thus making turning as awkward as possible.

In the end, this game was everything good I had heard about it, and I believe that had I played it before Half Life 2, it definitely would have stolen some of its thunder.
FidgetyAcolyte is offline   Reply With Quote