View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 06:25 PM   #719
Boy
Pictured: Hope not crying

Send a message via AIM to Boy
Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance? Not quite, but enough is enough. I got to the last boss and she wields an attack which does more damage than any character actually has, killing my entire party instantly. What's worse is that if you die there you have to fight 3 battles in a row just to get back to where you were. Funnily enough, I never died even once in the game prior to now.

Y'know I really enjoyed this game, which is why I kept on with it for so long. Sure the AI was dumber than a sack of hammers and several of the classes were pretty much just remixed versions of other classes, but I had fun. I felt the easiness was intentional, as it allowed me to screw around with character customization in pretty much any way I pleased. I really hate it when I want to try something new in a game but feel like I can't because I know if it doesn't work out I'll be fucked. FFTA was a breath of fresh air in this regard.

I also kind of liked the bad storyline. Sure it was trite, but I liked to think of Marche as the main Final Fantasy bad guy, y'know destroying the crystals, ruining everyone's day, etc. Made things a lot more interesting IMO.

In the end I was at 70 hours and 200-ish missions completed. That leaves 100 more plus the bonus missions. I wonder how many kids got this game for christmas one year and haven't needed another GBA game since?
Boy is offline   Reply With Quote