View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 10:38 AM   #702
Havblue
Hat Town Resident

Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

I beat Digital Devil Saga over the weekend and was pretty satisfied with it overall. An ending that actually wrapped up at least part of the plot instead of creating more loose threads would have been nice, but on the plus side I think my appetite has been whetted until November's sequel. I'm kinda wondering if the people who've beaten all the bonus bosses on this one and power-leveled their characters will find DDS2 to be a cakewalk. (assuming they play on normal mode)

It's on to Nocturne now and I'm enjoying it, even though it takes an adjustment to deal with the amount of randomness involved between whether your skillset will be comprehensive enough to match the next boss, whether your skills will mutate the correct way, whether the next enemy you meet will critical your hero 4 times and knock off your progress of several hours, etc. Dealing with the chaos... But in the scope of the game world I'm tempted to put an end to it.

The press turn system has got to be the end-all be-all of console RPG systems in keeping the gamer constantly on his toes.
Havblue is offline   Reply With Quote