View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 09:03 AM   #605
Hypatia93
Figuring It All Out

Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

How could I forget?

I finished Jade Empire this past weekend, as a goodie-good chick. It was /so/ much better than KOTOR, especially the combat. Now don't go and get your undies in a wad; while I don't think the combat was "all that," it was definitely better than the micromanaging in KOTOR.

Yes, this game was essentially KOTOR in some alternate Chinese-type universe, but I have to admit, I enjoyed the hell out of the story. My jaw dropped at the major twist; I had no idea. Then again, I had no idea about the major twist in KOTOR, either. I guess I tend to "get lost," moreso in game plots than any other medium, oddly enough. Hmm..

Anyway, for some odd reason (which I /never/ do), after spending over 45 hours on the thing, I went right back and started a new guy. My plan is that he'll be evil, but we'll see how that goes; it's hard for me to be utterly heartless and cruel to the bone.

Although I think it's a damn fine game, it is /not/ a 9.9. I give it an 8.5. (I guess. I don't think I've yet to play a game I'd give a 10 to.)

P.S. YOU! How old are you? You'll probably have arthritis by the time you're 30! (And here I thought Boy was bad.) Are you planning on you-sing (like that ) those mad skillz anywhere else besides gaming?)
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
Theodore Roosevelt, 1918
Hypatia93 is offline   Reply With Quote