View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 09:20 AM   #558
Reharl

Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

I beat KOTOR 2 ten minutes ago, and boy is it hard to judge this game... I left with a rather positive view of it, but the game shows some serious and unforgivable signs of rushing (sometimes to the point of absurdity). There was one part where I had to kill a baddie, and after I did it, I found an NPC who gave me a lecture on how that baddie was too strong and powerful and how he could not be beaten, and that I should give up. Oblivious to the fact that the ship was exploding and that I had carved said baddie with my dual lightsaber. There are also lots of plot holes and parachuted scenes, unfortunately.

BUT...

I still think it's a good game. Bear in mind I played it on my PC so I didn't have to deal with loading times, horrid framerates or constant glitching.

One particular strength is the influence system. It's just fun to turn your characters to your own alignment. I just wish some of them had more interesting stuff to say or do, and that the whole influence concept wasn't negated and nullified by a certain solo section near the end of the game which I shall not spoil.

My two cents? if you liked the first, do check this one, but not if you have a Xbox and not if you want to be wowed again. The storyline is actually quite good in KOTOR2, but its technical execution will leave you wanting for much, much more.
Reharl is offline   Reply With Quote