GameCritics.com Forums

GameCritics.com Forums (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Game Culture (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Post here when you beat a game. I mean it! (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7156)

Kin Korn Karn 03-04-2004 08:54 AM

Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

Keep it spoiler-free. If you want to discuss details of a game then mark it CLEARLY, please.

I finished a 100% scan run in Metroid Prime last night. Last up: finishing my hard game which was left idle at 77% (right before the Omega Pirate). shivers

jwe8k 03-04-2004 09:48 AM

I'm making a Metroid Prime hard run right now too! I still haven't made a 100% run, I'll probably combine them. I can't do 100% scans though as I've recently found that Flaagra is two scans. Stupid.

I just got the Ice Beam and am around 30%.

jwe8k 03-04-2004 09:48 AM

Although I did just beat Zero Mission a second time on hard. Love them Metroids!

camoor 03-04-2004 10:06 AM

I stayed up till 3 on Tuesday beating the last story mode level in Culdcept. Now I'm working on the medals :D

Mike Bracken 03-04-2004 10:50 AM

I finished Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy for the GameCube this week. Review forthcoming.

Right now I'm working through Steel Battalion...christ, I really suck at the game.

Mike B.

Kin Korn Karn 03-04-2004 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by jwe8k
I'm making a Metroid Prime hard run right now too! I still haven't made a 100% run, I'll probably combine them. I can't do 100% scans though as I've recently found that Flaagra is two scans. Stupid.

I just got the Ice Beam and am around 30%.

For the 100% scan run I got a scan FAQ and quadruple-checked the one-time scan items. There's quite a few, so I suggest you do the same. The first time I played through the game I took care of the 100% item run. Yeah, gotta love the Metroids. The replay that they offer is amazing. I'm working on a 100% item run on normal mode for Zero Mission. Thems some hard items to get.

pingman8 03-04-2004 04:31 PM

I finally beat Red Faction after placing it on the back burner for the past year. Better polished games make the cutscenes look horrendous, but a very fun FPS nevertheless. And a very addictive multiplayer option as well.

EnduroGamer 03-04-2004 04:43 PM

I was actually going to suggest a 2004 game completion thread here. Keep it updated!

Xbox
Project Gotham Racing 2
Tenchu: Return From Darkness
Alter Echo

PS2
Maximo Vs. Army of Zin
Culdcept

Gamecube
Rocky
Pikmin

PC
Monopoly Tycoon

Now Playing
Colin McRae Rally 4 - Xbox (3 of 6 Championships won)
NFL Street - PS2 (3 of 8 divisions won)

Low Emissions 03-04-2004 04:54 PM

Last two games that I beat were Tony Hawk's Underground and Halo (again!).

I've already got reviews up for them, too... :p

I almost beat Brute Force and gave up on it. It was seriously going nowhere. I'll have a review of that one up pretty soon on my website.

I'm currently working on Star Wars: The Clone Wars, but I might just say kcuf it and move on without even a review of that one; it's just kinda lame, and actually pretty tough. Tetris Worlds, though, now I don't quite see where the problems with that game are... :D

If people remember to BUMP this every once in awhile, I'll remember to post when I beat a game!

3d-Rich 03-05-2004 03:54 AM

I just completed Skies Of Arcadia Legends for GameCube. I'm going to start playing Jak and Daxter for PS2.

Games I plan on finishing 2004:

GameCube -

Prince of Persia
Dead to Rights
Lost Kingdoms
Jedi Knight II
Resident Evil

PS2 -

Ico
Jak and Daxter
Grand Theft Auto III
Ratchet and Clank
The Mark of Kri

GBA-SP -

Metroid Fusion
Golden Sun
Super Mario 2

Dreamcast -

Sonic Adventure
Floigan Brothers
Armada
Ms Pac Man: maze madness
Hydro Thunder

Nicato 03-05-2004 11:43 AM

How do you beat a racing game?

Kin Korn Karn 03-05-2004 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nicato
How do you beat a racing game?
I'm working on the 100cc races in MK:DD. I need one more (Star Cup). Then I will go to the 150cc, then whatever tracks that are unlocked, etc. Once I race and beat every track, I consider that game "beaten". Gold cups across the board.

EnduroGamer 03-05-2004 01:26 PM

Yeah, most racing games have a very definite career mode or main racing mode and when you win all of the races and see the credits roll, I consider it beaten. Of course, the beauty of a game like PGR2 or Gran Turismo is that you can always continue playing to improve your time or to try and earn a higher Kudos score or to buy another upgrade for a particular car or whatever. But then again, people "beat" games like Ikaruga and Mars Matrix and surely they can always continue playing to beat their high score. Racing games are the same way, eventually you do everything there is to do and all that's left is to improve on your best times.

technomancy 03-05-2004 02:29 PM

Beaten this year (for the first time):
GTA3: Vice City
Metroid Zero Mission

Currently Working on:
Mad Maestro
Soul Calibur 2 (weapon master)

El Pollo Loco 03-05-2004 03:49 PM

Just finished Panzer Dragoon Saga on hard, now I gotta go back and meet all the goals to unlock the rest of the stuff in Pandora's Box... Well, that or just keep playing until the timer reaches twenty hours!