GameCritics.com Forums

GameCritics.com Forums (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Game Culture (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Halloween Gaming! (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19781)

gamevet 10-20-2012 07:17 PM

Halloween Gaming!

With Halloween just around the corner, do you plan to, or are you currently playing any games to set the mood?

I've just recently started playing Ghost Busters on the PSP, and on the PC I've played a couple of hours of Aliens Vs. Predator. I've heard a lot of bad things about AVP, but so far I've had a pretty good time with it.

RandomRob 10-21-2012 08:13 AM

Re: Halloween Gaming!

imo, AVP was good until the Marine campaign ended at the 5 hr mark, and I started the broken awfulness that was the Predator campaign.

for Halloween, I have a craving for Parasite Eve 2. lol

gamevet 10-21-2012 10:21 AM

Parasite Eve! Now that's one game I've planned on picking up, what seem like forever, but never have.

RandomRob 10-21-2012 01:09 PM

both games have some nice horror ambiance and the shooting/guncrafting strategies are kindof fun. 1st game is very sparsely populated, though, in terms of characters, and sound.

Zanbatou 10-22-2012 04:20 PM

Thanks for the reminder! This is the time to be playing horror games.

I'm thinking of picking up the Elder Signs game I keep hearing about via the Twitter feed over there. Omens on IOS?

It would be a good excuse to finally try Metro 2033 too, which has been sitting in my Steam library since the last big sale.

gamevet 10-22-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanbatou (Post 202387)
Thanks for the reminder! This is the time to be playing horror games.

I'm thinking of picking up the Elder Signs game I keep hearing about via the Twitter feed over there. Omens on IOS?

It would be a good excuse to finally try Metro 2033 too, which has been sitting in my Steam library since the last big sale.

I've never heard of Elder Signs.

I have Metro 2033 on the PC. It has its moments, but there's a lot of dead time between the action. You end up in small underground communities, between the levels, where you'll have to scrounge up information and supplies. It becomes quite tedious.

I might install Dead Space 2 on my PC. I told myself that I'd finish up Dead Space on the PS3, but I was stuck at a location where I was really low on supplies and ammunition. I'd like to finish the first game, but it will require that I go back about an hour from where I last saved my game.

Pedro 10-24-2012 05:31 PM

Elder Signs is some iOS boardgame-based game that the Tweeters to the right bang on about all the time.

Halloween Gaming - none planned; I have Resi 5, Dead Island, The Walking Dead and Alone in the Dark all here, but I am sick of zombies. Who decided that zombies were cool?

I wouldn't mind finishing off Dead Island, but having access to a talking shotgun and a caustic SMG in Borderlands 2 means it is really hard to go back to a game which gives you a 'weak stick' as a weapon.

RandomRob 10-24-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedro (Post 202406)
Who decided that zombies were cool?

America?