GameCritics.com Forums

GameCritics.com Forums (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Podcast Feedback (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Podcast Suggestion: the Longest journey (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18522)

RandomRob 03-20-2011 09:34 PM

Podcast Suggestion: the Longest journey

no explanation necessary.

http://www.activewin.com/reviews/sof..._journey_1.jpg

Richard Naik 03-21-2011 11:50 AM

Re: Podcast Suggestion: the Longest journey

I'd love to do a show on the game, but I think only myself and Tim have played it. Next Gamer Exchange I guess.

RandomRob 03-21-2011 01:20 PM

I actually have yet to finish it :o

I do remember you had words for the sequel on PC, mostly over the controls and awful combat scheme.

I played it on PC with a wireless gamepad and thought it worked fine. Combat was still strange and pointless, tho.

Pedro 03-22-2011 01:20 AM

I uninstalled it shortly after USING the STICKY CANDY on the COP. Looking at a walkthrough, I see that was right at the start of chapter 2. Although it felt pretty interminable until then, it looks like it might get interesting after that. Is it worth it?

Richard Naik 03-22-2011 02:29 PM

Longest Journey is my favorite game story. There's only one puzzle I consider too contrived, but everything else is fine. It's very much worth finishing.

I started Dreamfall a while ago and will probably finish it someday, but the interface really suffers from being designed for a controller and the combat is just dumb. I understand what they were trying to do there, but it didn't work.

RandomRob 03-22-2011 09:04 PM

I dunno man, then ending is arg-worthy if there is no third installment.

Richard Naik 03-22-2011 09:11 PM

You mean Dreamfall? I haven't finished that. I was just a few hours in when I put it on hold.

RandomRob 03-22-2011 09:36 PM

It really took on some nice dimensions with the introduction of the soldier character. He was an adversary, but I liked him. Any game with an admirable antagonist gets big points from me.

aHei 04-01-2011 10:52 AM

I would listen to that podcast.

Bornie 04-02-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aHei (Post 195748)
I would listen to that podcast.

Me too. Actually a podcast about this an other graphic adventure games could be made. By the way, some of the newest games of that genre could be reviewed during the podcast.

Although graphic adventure games don't look (and feel) like the old ones, there is a bunch of good adventure games that could be considered somehow as the evolution of those epic classics that we love. Hotel Dusk for DS comes to my mind. I know that's a game that was released some years ago, but it is still a good example. Other new adventure games, though, have an unavoidable load of fighting and action, and even if that action part of the game is easy, i think anything that needs certain gamepad skills is completely against the style and philosophy of the classics.

RandomRob 04-02-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bornie (Post 195764)
i think anything that needs certain gamepad skills is completely against the style and philosophy of the classics.

I agree! :o

RandomRob 05-24-2011 07:43 PM

Playing through this now and will say this:

Save often and and pick up and examine everything you can, otherwise some of the puzzles will seriously suck.

Pedro 05-25-2011 12:25 PM

So what was that on the last podcast - should we be playing The Longest Journey? Anyone got any details?

RandomRob 05-25-2011 09:28 PM

I think theyre going to have a Question/Comment segment from the forums regarding the game, yes you should try to finish it before the show! :D

Pedro 05-26-2011 12:49 PM

Cool, I might try it again. Thanks Rob.