GameCritics.com Forums

GameCritics.com Forums (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Game Guide Help (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of Starry Sky Tips Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Guide (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17535)

Dale Weir 07-04-2010 05:35 AM

Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of Starry Sky Tips Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Guide

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, achievements, trophies, FAQ, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy guides for Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Sky for Nintendo DS. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.

Unregistered 07-13-2010 06:29 PM

Re: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of Starry Sky Tips Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

After you are assigned to gather the rugged and the girl refuses to summon the sea god. The mayor then takes the girl to a place, can you tell me where he takes her . Thanks,
Andres

Unregistered 07-16-2010 01:02 PM

Re: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of Starry Sky Tips Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

i was wondering if anyone knew how to complete quest #107 called "off the record". its after you become a paladin with the same guy who allows you to become one. the quest summary is as follows "...your task is to defeat three infernal armours-found in Gerzuun-with damage deflected by the Pincushion ability." i have tried using the ability but nothing happens. if someone could figure out how to make it work, that would be greatly appreciated.

Unregistered 07-17-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185960)
After you are assigned to gather the rugged and the girl refuses to summon the sea god. The mayor then takes the girl to a place, can you tell me where he takes her . Thanks,
Andres

The mayor takes the girl up the path past his house...he has a private beach there. go through the cave you find there and you will eventually come out the top where you will find the mayor and the girl...there is then a boss battle with the sea god. hope this helps.

Unregistered 07-19-2010 06:46 AM

where do you get the 7th fig

Unregistered 07-19-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186172)

which fyggs do you have? once i know which ones you have i can tell you which one you need ^^

Unregistered 07-20-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186059)
i was wondering if anyone knew how to complete quest #107 called "off the record". its after you become a paladin with the same guy who allows you to become one. the quest summary is as follows "...your task is to defeat three infernal armours-found in Gerzuun-with damage deflected by the Pincushion ability." i have tried using the ability but nothing happens. if someone could figure out how to make it work, that would be greatly appreciated.

It's true... I'm having the same problem. I'll check back later if anyone's got help.

Unregistered 07-22-2010 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186172)

1... shouldn't have to tell you where to find it
2. port llaffan

+. zere rocks mountain east ofdourbridge
+. bloomingdale where you get the boat
+. gleeba just north of bloomingdale
+. batsureg further north of that
+. swinedimples academy after heading back to the marshes south of batsureg and then down to the bottom and east and then north east into snowy territory

Unregistered 07-22-2010 01:12 PM

ok...well there is only seven which you have, so now you can zoom to alltrades abbey and then go to the blue tree by there and hop onto the starflight express. there will be a quick scene and then you will wake up in wormood creek. the stuff that happens there is pretty self explanitory, but after you are told to leave town, leave and follow the road north out of wormwood creek and stay on the path until it passes a bridge and enters a forest. go to the cave there which is also called hope springs. head through it and you will see a hole, go to it and enter, another scene, leave the hole and another scene will occur. head back to wormwood creek and go to the crumbling guardian statue, another scene then go to the church and go to the stone to the right of the priest and examine it. you will find a necklace, and go back to hope springs and give it to the girl. she will then tell you she will help you open the next dungeon. go west-the upper portion of the map- try to avoid encounters in this area because the dungeon is relatively long. you will eventually reach the dungeon if you keep to the west. once at the dungeon entrance the girl will open the path for you. the boss you will face at the end has 2000 HP-12500 XP-3050 gold.-oh and the boss has a wide range of abilities and a couple do lots of damage so make sure your character(s) are both strong attack and defense.
Hope this helps.
(if enyone is wondering some of the above i got from the guide by BradyGames)

Unregistered 07-22-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186266)
1... shouldn't have to tell you where to find it
2. port llaffan

+. zere rocks mountain east ofdourbridge
+. bloomingdale where you get the boat
+. gleeba just north of bloomingdale
+. batsureg further north of that
+. swinedimples academy after heading back to the marshes south of batsureg and then down to the bottom and east and then north east into snowy territory

i did post #9 about what happens after you get all seven fyggs...but from what you posted-you have all seven, (1)alltrades abbey/tower, (2)Port llaffan, (3) Zere Rocks, (4)Bloomingdale, (5)Gleeba, (6)Batsureg, (7)Swinedimples academy. those are all seven. the next steps are on post #9. hope it helps.

Unregistered 07-22-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186216)
It's true... I'm having the same problem. I'll check back later if anyone's got help.

(here is what the guide says to do, hope it helps)
Talk to Brunhild again in Gleeba. She's still at the top of the Mirage Mahal. Once you have a 15th level paladin, ask her to engage your paladin in a challenge.
Travel to Gerzuun after you've accepted this quest. Search for Infernal Armours in that dungeon. Kill three of these with damage that is deflected by the Pincushion ability. That shouldn't sound easy. It's tricky as anything.
Pincushion doesn't do a lot of damage unless your character is taking a lot of damage. The best way to do this is to wound an Infernal Armour, and kill off anything that appears with it. Once the fight is fully under control, use characters to deal predictable damage to bring the target down to minimal health.
For example, have a heavy hitter who can deal nearly 100 points come in for the initial shot. Then, have someone tap at the armour for a few points here and there to set it up for the kill. Have your paladin Whistle while this is going on to get the target into a rage and ensure that it attacks you in subsequent rounds.
Rinse and repeat this process. If you're a higher level, come alone. You can skip the Whistle part of the procedure and save a massive amount of time and annoyance.
(well thats all of it. if you need help with any other quests or whatever please post and i will reply as soon as i can.)

Unregistered 07-26-2010 06:53 PM

How do you complete the 'Help Meowt Here!' quest?

Unregistered 07-26-2010 08:56 PM

Wear cat ears.

Unregistered 07-27-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186385)
How do you complete the 'Help Meowt Here!' quest?

you can by the cat ears in bloomingdale from the girl at the armor shop. once done equipped the ears and talk to the cat. Quest done.

Unregistered 07-27-2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186216)

You have to wait for the Infernal Armour to hit you. The attack will counter. It's really annoying. I'm having issues as well. Ignoring the fact that the thing refuses to hit me, the attack doesn't seem to do a whole lot of damage. What we need is a strategy....