GameCritics.com Forums

GameCritics.com Forums (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Game Guide Help (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Supreme Commander 2 Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17140)

Dale Weir 02-25-2010 05:30 PM

Supreme Commander 2 Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, achievements, trophies, FAQ, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy guides for Supreme Commander 2 for PC and Xbox 360. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.

Unregistered 03-04-2010 09:41 PM

Re: Supreme Commander 2 Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Noah cannon assault uef strategie. Get all of the mass you can, build lots of power, research buildings , and AA emplacements. Tech up the structure tree to Noah cannons. While doing this, pump out interceptors and a few bombers out of air factory. You should have about 2000 mass and tons of power at this point, as well as tons of tech points. Build 2 cannons, and assign one engi to each to speed up the already blazing build time of rockheads. Then tech the land tree (this is why you neeeeeeeeeeed research) fast till you have shields,triple guns, tank AA and are going up the combat experience zone. Now continuously load and fire full salvos ( which is a lot) at the enemy base. Tech up more and build more noah as needed. Note: this is a better stray for team games, asyou will need to spend precious mass on anti ground or naval units. If the enemy does something smart...ADAPT. Don't follow this strat to the letter if it doesn't work. You may or may not want to say round one, fight as you launch your attacks. Happy killing.

Unregistered 03-26-2010 05:48 AM

The bets method I have found, which leaves it open for you to do as you please is the following (may be restricted if using start timer)

Use UEF, build 4 mass extractors and 2 research stations, keep mixing between research stations and power until you have 8 power stations and 5 research, this will be slow, but will pay off.

For research unlocks, only do the top Row for these (quicker build, cheaper build, research boost, then mass boost, then mass convertors). As soon as you have built 5 convertors build as many power generators as you can, then you can really start doing some serious damage, after that, do what you want, but i recommend lots of air defence, and adding air/direct fire defenses to buildings for that first assault.

Unregistered 04-07-2010 05:43 PM

The biggest thing about this game is in two parts:

1) Start up is ESSENTIAL. Weakening your economy or spending too many resources towards structures will cost you dearly in the future. Avoid crippling your economy off the start as it will slow your build up process. Also, try to find the perfect blend between defense and building. Air units are excellent when set on patrols around your base.

2) DO NOT OVER EXTEND YOUR REACH! Building a base too far or moving your units too far, etc etc, will leave you open to an attack. I have seen many players fall because they sent their acu too far away from their base, or they spread their units, defense structures, and defenses too far apart. Be careful, be wise, and trust your judgement.

Unregistered 12-16-2010 06:22 AM

CALLING ALL ILLUMINATE PLAYERS!! the best tactic is to build about 7 or 8 energy generators and build on every mass spot that you can reach. your ACU shold be building air defences. When one engineer is done make him build light ground defences. The other one should build research stations and research resource upgrades (upgrades that increase the amount of resources u get) and the Loyalty Gun. When you get the loyalty gun, build lots of them at the choke points to your base. That will give you an army. Research military upgrades and build factories (dosent matter what type). Then build loyalty guns closer to the enemy, guarding it with aa. keep slowly getting closer to your enemy until u have a sizeable army. then attack. this tactic will work most of the time, but you will not have enough mass at the beginning. if you know how to get plenty of mass at the start, or you turned off research, then ajust my guide.

Unregistered 12-27-2010 12:06 PM

im new to the game but i have question. once i was in a game and some beam thing came from all the way from their base and started capturing all my units? what was it?

also how can i make a good defense 'cos i always get rushed and stuff and its annoying.

Unregistered 12-28-2010 11:49 AM

I'm new to the game too but i concentrate on anti air turrets, build shields and build basic ground units to take care of other ground units. i tell my acu to build on the 4 mass deposits and one enginer to make three or so energy gens while the last enginer builds a land factory. from there i make the anti air turrets and some gorund units and concentrate on getting the shields in the structures tech tree. i then go from there but it helps defend against being rushed. it works for me so i hope it helps.
P.S sorry about my spelling.

Unregistered 05-11-2011 07:56 PM

ok ive been playing supcom 2 for a while now and i find that fighting the AI and any difficulty other than cheating is WAAYY to easy, but everytime i try the cheating AI its extremely hard and i always get trampled on can someone tell me a way i can beat the cheating AI?

Unregistered 05-30-2011 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196383)
ok ive been playing supcom 2 for a while now and i find that fighting the AI and any difficulty other than cheating is WAAYY to easy, but everytime i try the cheating AI its extremely hard and i always get trampled on can someone tell me a way i can beat the cheating AI?

ok 20 rush no nukes no artillary be illumanate!build 4 mass esstactors then 3 research atone of energy until u have enough points to get mass converter build about 12 mass converters after that build 16 air factorys put them on 1 weedowboth so they make infinite weedowbothsfully up gread air as soon is ush is off full scale attack!

hope this works for u! :)

Unregistered 07-13-2011 09:26 PM

when i finish selecting all my all my things for skirmish and campaign the game always freezes in the loading stage. :(
So far this game is no fun.

PLZ HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM!

Unregistered 05-21-2012 08:42 AM

the best thing i've come across and not a single person has mentioned this, is the MASS CONVERTER, this makes resources inexhaustable,

additionally the best strategy ive come up with is to play illumate, max defence as smart as possible with overlaping sheild generators
(best defence strat i find is to use weedaboths and land point defences) then all you need is a loyalty gun, having 2 or more of these means you cannot be beaten with excepetion to air assualts buts thats why we focused on defence.

the loyalty gun despite unit cap will still convert anything on land including enemy buildings( except acu's) meaning if an enemy thinks massing .e.g. king kriptors to steamroll your base they are sadly mistaken when i use them all against you

Unregistered 06-21-2012 04:19 PM

Don't bother with Noah cannon, loyalty gun is good but if they build bombers before it is fully built it is useless. You could try and get loads of mass converters, but the amount of energy generators needed would be very hard to defend. Most of the strategies posted so far would be useless online.

Unregistered 08-24-2012 09:12 PM

i play with 3 AI's i set 1 friend cheting turtle 2 hostels 1 on normal 1 on cheating not cheaying turtle but when ever i FINALY git a army up to lunch a attack my friend has allredy CARPIT NUKED everything and it no fun itslike i wasted 17 min of my life can someone help me find a way to stop my friend from nukeing everyone

P.S reallllllllllllllllllllllllly sorry about spelling

Unregistered 08-24-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197555)
when i finish selecting all my all my things for skirmish and campaign the game always freezes in the loading stage. :(
So far this game is no fun.

PLZ HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM!

theres probly a prob with the disk buy a new one or try cleaning the disk with a damp soft cloth if that dosent work DONT USE tooth past because that dosnt work it just makes the eye of your systom bad then every game wont work lol hope that solve ur prob

P.S all the tricks on youtube to fixs your xbox or ps3 game DOSE NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered 08-26-2012 01:34 PM

Hey I love your guys ideas! But I need help last night on Supreme Commander 2 I had a 20 min rush timer and my friend was on my team and two of my other friends on the other team. And so just when I got like 58 gemini (cybran) it reached 20 min. I saw a huge air force coming but it looked smaller then mine so I sent them all and it turns out, it was 30 WASPS AND 15 AC-1000! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE IN 20 MIN? I was annihalated before I could react and I'm wondering....how in Gods name is it possible?! It sadly was a no nukes match (cause usually get over 30-40 nukes and nuke everything including my allie and myself once the games over) and I got destroyed. How can I win? This was just ONE of my friends the other was being a turtle. This juggernaut of a friends was UEF. Please help with advice. Thank you.