GameCritics.com Forums

GameCritics.com Forums (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Game Guide Help (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15670)

Dale Weir 06-05-2009 11:54 AM

Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, achievements, trophies, FAQ, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy guides for Grand Slam Tennis for Nintendo Wii. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.

Unregistered 06-20-2009 11:54 AM

Re: Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Problem = Wii motion plus is too sensitive and doesnt always present the players "real" posistion to the racket.

Problem 2 = When preparing a swing (eg going from forehand shot to a backhand shot), the motion plus system thinks your swinging and you fumble your shot.

Solution = Play without wii motion plus. You'll realise the angles are still available and you'll enjoy more of the game.

Unregistered 06-26-2009 03:47 PM

explain to me why i was playing someone online...they had a very very fast serve, but when i returned it....clearly in....it just stopped and gave him the point? also a ball went clearly out by him and it was his point? are there possible mods/cheats for this game that people have created? i almost beat him...but his cheap cheat (haha) helped him on match point. i kinda figured out how to beat the cheat..i had to swing very early so it wouldnt call it a point...but it would just go out cuz i swung so early...it reeally realllly pissed me off and i tried to play him 4 times...and my rank points are at 65 now...and i was at 500 before (i had just started online but im still pretty good)

Unregistered 06-26-2009 10:10 PM

i am having the same issue when i play online the ball seems to stop or slow in mid air for the guy i play against just in time for him to hit it. what the hell is going on seriously are there really mod for this game that jsut came out? this is lame!!

Unregistered 07-01-2009 11:36 PM

Exact same thing is happening to me online! When I hit a shot that is clearly out of reach for my opponent, he seems to suddenly "appear" on the other side of the screen and gets it?!?! There has got to be a cheat for this game that allows this player to get to every (and I mean EVERY) shot!

Unregistered 07-02-2009 10:32 AM

Help, i cannot get any points against people who come to the net! I've tried lobbing them, but the opposition just smashes it back. Its so annoying!

Unregistered 07-03-2009 05:49 AM

That's also my question.. how to beat a Serve&Volley tennisser?
Lobbing doesn't work, they still return it...

Unregistered 07-04-2009 04:18 PM

What U do agains a serve and volley player is that u return a serve with a lob and then attack from net. That will say... Return the serve with a lob and then just run to the net ans attack

Unregistered 07-06-2009 04:49 PM

The way I've been beating them is when I return the serve I swing it as early as possible so as to drive it right down the line. That makes it so they have to dive to return it and usually fall down. Sometimes they aren't even able to return it.

While they're getting back up from the ground - that gives me just enough time to place it somewhere else out of their reach. Lob it over their heads are drive it the other direction.

Unregistered 07-07-2009 11:22 AM

I find the serve and volley very difficult to beat also. They just seem to always be able to get back to the lobs. Or dive and cover the angle.

I can only beat the serve and volley on medium when playing the computer and the ones online are virtually unbeatable to me.

I had a roddick who could do the perfect dribble over the net drop shot every time seemed to be an exploit. From his front court he would always do a drop shot volley that clipped the tape and double bounced immediately. He did it at least 10 times.

The weird thing where they just appear next to the ball I have seen but i think it is just from the lag more than a game hack. You arent always seeing where they truly are. Which may explain why the net play is so tough to beat.

Also Roddick's serve online seems to glitch out at times and he just blasts through the player and it gets stuck. I played Roddick and was able to do what you said just server over and over and they would hit but i still got the points.

They need to patch the online play i think.

Unregistered 07-09-2009 07:10 AM

when you hit a lob you must swing fast and the ball will go to the baseline, also try to stand in a good position if you use the nunchuck

with the motion plus its also important to do a wrist movement to increase spin on the ball try it out in your serve an try to hit as fast as possible. Speed makes a difference in grand slam tennis.

Unregistered 07-10-2009 04:26 AM

Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

pret personnel

Unregistered 07-10-2009 10:08 AM

what you need to do to beat a net player is either get to the net first or go to the net as well and swing realy early, that works for me on hard

Unregistered 07-13-2009 08:38 AM

Hi just a general hint that helped me a lot:

First I thought, that Grand Slam Tennis was just too hard and that the controls (Wii M+) are not precise. But then I read somewhere, that after you hit the ball the Wii motion plus registers the "middle position" of the racket. That means if you put the Controller straight ahead of you right after hitting the ball, the controls work very precisely (at least for me) , and you can very well control the direction of the ball by just changing the direction of the controller during the swing, when you hit the ball. -> Forehand: 90 to the middle position means straight ball, >90 means the ball goes right, <90 ball goes left.
If you keep your racket in a random position after the swing, this will be the new "middle" and the controls will not work correctly - at least this was my experience...

After I got to know this, Grand Slam Tennis just advanced to my favourite game, as it is the sports game that is closest to reality that I know.. :-)

Hope this helps somebody, have fun..

Unregistered 07-19-2009 06:44 PM

That is actually really sound advice and should really improve my game. Thanks! Exactly the kind of tip I was looking for, actually. :)