GameCritics.com Forums

GameCritics.com Forums (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Game Guide Help (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Supreme Ruler 2020 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14073)

Chi Kong Lui 06-18-2008 12:09 AM

Supreme Ruler 2020 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, achievements, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy for Supreme Ruler 2020 here. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.

Unregistered 09-30-2008 09:47 PM

Re: Supreme Ruler 2020 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Yeah I got one, if you get your membership canceled with the UN, your economy is going to look like a pile of dog **censored**. By the way Kosovo is not technically a country but rather a province of Serbia.

Unregistered 11-22-2008 06:50 PM

In sandbox mode, ive been trying to get other countries mad at me so they start the fight, ive severed all communications, ive sent multiple spies in on sabotage missions, and nothing, I dont know how to gain cassus belli enough to attack them without making the rest of the world mad at me, and I cant get them provoked, what am I missing, I even sabotaged their spy place. There is definately something missing in this game, I think it is strategy by the enemy, they just fling their troops at me in wartime with no tact. Also, why is there no minefields, or ways to block hexes from travel, also, there are mineclearing ships and no minelayers, none of the sub finding equipment find subs, radar is too short ranged, ever hear of OTH radar?, missile placement on units is tough to do, you have to put the unit in reserve just to change missile types, or shoot them off, destroying bridges takes a whole army of planes or missiles, are they super bridges? The terrain just doesnt offer what it should in terms of travel restrictions and such, refueling tankers dont stay on task, technology is way too easy to get from everyone else, no incentive to get your own unit designs, the economic design is pretty good, battle has more of an age of empires thing to it rather than proper placement and unit specifics, just throw your guys at em and hope for the best, air combat is lame, and everything goes so fast, there is no room to use a range advantage, except with missiles, and when you launch missiles, they shoot their whole wad rather than just enough to destroy the target, whats the sense in haveing recon when you can just get satellites, and everyone near enough that matters, you can see with regular units, and how do you get rid of them? China has sattelite missiles that can destroy satellites in the real world. Artillery seems almost useless, so much for the "god of war". How about some cold war, or limited war instead of just black and white all out war?I cant remove roads once they are down, or rail. I want to be able to place towns that grow into cities, no one ever seems to place a business center or tourist center no matter how low the taxes are. Troops stop moving even though they have fuel, but no supplies, ammo, but they do move like one or two hexes at a time, you have to keep clicking on them. Anti-air units are useless against most aircraft, they only target choppers and missiles, except for the huge ones, its mostly the shoulder launched ones....where are the land transports for the infantry on foot...not air transport. And why is it that having an advantage, isnt really having an advantage? (age of empires effect) Most assaults are useless with smaller superior units, you always seem to have to have a whole armada to do anything militarily, what happened to superior tactics and technology? The unit upgrades just dont seem to be significant enough to bother when all you gotta do is have a monstrous amount of troops. The enemy always deploys all their troops, and they just sit around the cities or bases they came from, piled up doing nothing, I also noticed I never see the enemy building anything other than troops, no roads, bridges, bases...are they lame ducks? Theres alot of things not explained...anywhere! I want to know what effect things have, what they really do, not just guessing and hoping....when this game was made, was anyone thinking about these things other than cramming another game out there for profit...is there any pride in ones work anymore? I want to see a guide that tells me what effects come from what...how do I use spies defensively...do they have to be in specific cities...or do they just sit there and go out and do useless stuff....not that we need them at all playing against the computer. All in all, this game has HUGE potential, it is almost...almost what I have been looking for in a strategy game....you know what you need to do to fix it, lets get cracking!

I would also like to form battlegroups that move with eachother, and work together, engineers should help with digging in, Stealth needs to work better, it always seems like the enemy shoots down stealth too easy because they can see them with crappy radar, the level of detail that went into the economy and different troop types need to be done the same level of detail for combat. With better icons for the units, and unit facing should be important too. I also noticed towns never turn into cities. No matter what the population. Lets get another update that actually updates some concerns, like a real manual. And some way to intimidate your neighbors by like camping an aircraft carrier off their coast to influence them in their decision making, or bombing a factory without going to all out war. Ive said enough, but im sure there will be more...this game is on the right track aside from my complaints and I do enjoy playing it, I just cant help but point out some things that would make it not only more realistic, but more fun.

Unregistered 04-23-2009 05:26 PM

When youre kicked out of the UN, what do you need to do in order to get back in? Im the USA and i have war declared with S. Korea and France. ive tried to spend peace but theyre not picking up on it. Also the email i get every now and then telling me that my UN rating is suffering, I click agree to tell my minister to go through using peaceful means, but i cant even tell if that works at all.. what gives?

Unregistered 09-12-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154978)
By the way Kosovo is not technically a country but rather a province of Serbia.

Its Supreme Ruler 2020. The world has changed.

Unregistered 11-08-2009 05:24 AM

There is a way to make an country go to war with you. First make sure that they hate you. Build up a fairly capable air force with plenty of missiles. Then garrison troops in the cities closet to their borders. At last scrap all your GROUND troops. YES SCRAP THEM. After a while they will declare war. Use your air force to beat the crap out of them and halt any advances they make. While this is going on start building new ground forces starting with fast building light units and then build some decent units. After you start gaining the upperhand take there CAPITOLS and you will crush them. Repeat untill the world is yours!

Unregistered 11-12-2009 07:59 PM

if u do not get any updates ,save and then load it, save then load then over and over,and your money(and same thing happens to the ai and resouces)will look like -213123123112.

Unregistered 11-12-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 176918)
if u do not get any updates ,save and then load it, save then load then over and over,and your money(and same thing happens to the ai and resouces)will look like -213123123112.

try it, it may or may not work.

Unregistered 11-30-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154978)
By the way Kosovo is not technically a country but rather a province of Serbia.

Kosovo is an independent country since 17.02.2008.

Unregistered 12-21-2009 04:00 PM

Says who? America? Only 64 nations recognize it, many because USA is forcing them to.

Horaiso 01-30-2010 11:05 AM

"By the way Kosovo is not technically a country but rather a province of Serbia."

as long as Kosovo is a territory with a separate guverment of Serbia,its a nation(even if doesen't have intependence from all the countries)...anyway the game is a game,the reality is reality :)

Unregistered 03-20-2010 06:25 AM

The game is very very easy, because trade is broken.
You can find some semi-friendly country with a big wad of cash, usually india is very good for this, and just ask them to trade some of your money for some of theirs... after a few trades you will be able to get more and more of theirs for less and less of yours.

So with a few powerful economies basically handing you all their lunch monies for free, you can outproduce and outresearch everyone else.

Also, this lets you get their research for free, just ask to trade a large lump of cash for the same amount of their cash + some tech.

Pretty fast you will have all the tech thats been researched already, and with a large number of labs under your control (being financed by your generous friends), your tech level will rise like a rocket, and you get the real great techs before anyone else has gotten anything worth while.
Siccing your phaser tanks on people who has yet to get even the storm hunter tank is not a battle, its just a massacre.

After this, the hardest part of battles is to disband all the crap units you inherit every time a nation crumbles.

One thing that annoys me, is I have a very very powerful computer, and still the game moves at the speed of molasses, once everyone has finished gearing up for war, so if anyone have any ideas on how to speed the game up, please share.

redkenpolpot 06-05-2010 07:50 PM

The best advice I can give you is either raise ur domestic spending , via social agendas. Increase Environment too. Try also researching projects that are positive trends of world opinion ( this can be viewed by veiwing benefits of tech via research info panel).

Alternatively end the wars by winning them, however if u r anything like the real US, Then u will get a draw at best in Korea and the French , well should be an easy victoey, I'm British and live only a few 100 miles from them and can tell you we've given them a good bloody thumping a few time!

Or just fck the UN and Nuke em! u are the US it is a tradition in that country?

Unregistered 06-13-2010 10:10 PM

Haha wouldn't exactly call it tradition dropping nukes on our enemies. We've only dropped two that've killed anyone and that ended a world war :) Otherwise I allied with France and South Korea first minute of the game along with England, Israel, and Japan of course and S. Korea and I took out North Korea in about two days "game time." I was very proud of S. Korea actually they whooped some *** I just moved over my navy and wiped out their fleet and coast cities.
Whenever you get mail as a trade offer from anyone and you agree to the trade it'll boost your UN standings. Mine dropped because I didn't want to help those cheap *** countries offering me far less then what I was giving them but as soon as I started to agree to the offers I sky rocketed in un Subsidy and approval rating.

Unregistered 06-26-2010 03:56 AM

hello ihave a problem i got very high domestic approval 70% but in some moment it start to fell to 50% and its keep lowin i dont know what to do my taxes are almost at 0 i have much social spending and my GDP is HIGH
im with democracy and soon will came election...

HELP!