GameCritics.com Forums

GameCritics.com Forums (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Game Guide Help (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Wii Fit Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13969)

Chi Kong Lui 05-18-2008 07:06 AM

Wii Fit Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, achievements, FAQ, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy for Wii Fit here. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.

shakatak 05-22-2008 06:59 PM

Re: Wii Fit Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

On the ski jump, when is the optimum time to jump and also should I be leaning forward at this time?

Chi Kong Lui 05-22-2008 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakatak (Post 150223)
On the ski jump, when is the optimum time to jump and also should I be leaning forward at this time?

That's a good question. I know you need to lean forward to increase speed. Also, once you're in the air, is it better to lean forward, back or center?

Chi

Unregistered 05-24-2008 07:48 AM

Jump at the last seccond and lean as far forward as you can,( ski jump)

shakatak 05-24-2008 08:57 AM

I have finally managed to get over 300 meters in the skiing but I'm still not sure leaning forward after the jump works the best. It seems like I get a lot of distance when I try to get the red dot in the middle of the intersecting lines. Anybody with experience let me know what you have the best luck with because I really like the ski jump one as a minigame against my wife or friends.

Unregistered 05-28-2008 01:48 PM

there is a blue staionary dot on the right side. The red dot is your center of balance, you want to get the two dots to be ontop of each other and thats it. thats how you get to go so fast.

shakatak 05-28-2008 02:52 PM

Yeah I know about the blue dot while you're going down the jump it's the actual jump that I was wondering about. Once you get in the air I haven't been able to figure out if it's better to lean forward and get the red dot towards the center top or try for center middle. I've looked on the internet and I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

Unregistered 05-28-2008 08:36 PM

Is there any way to make the trainer talk less? I just want to go through the various exercises, and all the talking I have to wait through really slows me down. I could do my workout much faster without it. Any ideas?

Unregistered 05-29-2008 08:58 AM

For ski jump:

Of course, align the red dot with the blue all the way down. I extend at about 2/5 of the way through the red jump area. Precise, but it works for me. Then, IMMEDIATELY after I extend I lean ALL THE WAY BACK on my heels. I cannot stress enough that the millisecond after you jump you need to to lean back as far as you can while still staying centered vertically!

This got me up to 187 meters on one jump.

Unregistered 06-01-2008 11:40 AM

My husband and I are trying to figure this out. I got 191 twice yesterday, and he managed 195!! I'm wondering what the highest score you can get is??? We keep trying to get high scores again, and can't seem to get past the 180's. I notice in the mornings I'm doing better, and at night, I am doing awful! I want to find the rhyme and reason to it also!!

Unregistered 06-01-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150683)
My husband and I are trying to figure this out. I got 191 twice yesterday, and he managed 195!! I'm wondering what the highest score you can get is??? We keep trying to get high scores again, and can't seem to get past the 180's. I notice in the mornings I'm doing better, and at night, I am doing awful! I want to find the rhyme and reason to it also!!

Let me reiterate-191 and 195 in one jump ea.

Unregistered 06-09-2008 05:00 PM

I somehow got a single jump of 200m, but I don't know what I did to cause this.

Unregistered 06-11-2008 03:58 AM

On the Ski Jump, I heard you can do a 'telemark' landing - can you get extra style points for this as in real ski jumping?

Unregistered 06-16-2008 08:39 PM

Does anyone have tips for getting better scores boxing? I'm killing myself and can't get to 300.

Unregistered 06-20-2008 02:55 PM

SKI JUMP TIP: I've been doing a lot of trial and error to try to consistently get longer jumps. Found the right combination a couple of days ago (at least for me)

- Obviously, center your balance on the blue dot for the ride down in order to maximize your speed.

- Time your jump to happen as late as possible. I find that if you jump immediately after entering the red zone the jumps tend to be shorter... but if you wait too long, you'll crash.

- The question of making COB forward, backward, centered, or where the blue dot is will probably rage on... but the answer I've found is - it doesn't matter. However, the more centered you keep your COB on the VERTICAL line, the better off you'll be.

- I've noticed that it's for me to keep my COB centered if I don't bend my knees too much. The deeper I bend my knees, the more fluctuation there is when I straighten them out.

Good luck everyone!