GameCritics.com Forums

GameCritics.com Forums (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Game Guide Help (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Strategy (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13643)

Chi Kong Lui 03-02-2008 08:01 AM

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Strategy

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, achievements, tricks, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy for Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm here. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.

Unregistered 03-08-2008 05:45 PM

Re: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Stra

resource cheats? thats what im looking for

Unregistered 03-15-2008 11:41 AM

Re: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Stra

Why on Emperors name would someone want cheats for this ? Game is boring as it is, but with cheats i dont see ANY reason to play it.

Unregistered 03-20-2008 03:00 PM

Actually, I would have to disagree with the assertion that the game is boring. Ratchet the difficulty u and try a campaign. For those that enjoy strategy games, there is a lot there to give a challenge worth taking on several times. As for resource cheats, that is kind of destroying the point of the game. If you're having troublegetting a good go at it, put the difficulty on Easy and try the Space Marines. Their basic infantry and units are pretty balanced and don't take a whole lot to build, so they will ease you into learning as you go.

Unregistered 03-22-2008 02:21 PM

space marines are far to overplayed, I started with the orks. Starting off easily the most difficult becuase of the 3rd rescource needed for troops, but using the correct strategy, they are the srongest race at rushing. later in the game the orks become near unbeatable, becuase of the massive firepower they pack and the brutal melee.

Unregistered 04-10-2008 10:53 PM

i would just like to say

that orks are not unbeatable when there higher

tau will give orks run for there money anyday as tau have the range over orks

we played 6 hour game tau vs orks and tau won over there range of the orks

Unregistered 06-01-2008 05:47 AM

How is soulstorm boring its sick and if you dont agree then go and buy dawn of war 2 when it comes out next year

Unregistered 06-10-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147131)
Why on Emperors name would someone want cheats for this ? Game is boring as it is, but with cheats i dont see ANY reason to play it.

I pity you how can you not like dawn of war at least they no good games

haha you have just been owned

Unregistered 06-11-2008 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147467)
space marines are far to overplayed, I started with the orks. Starting off easily the most difficult becuase of the 3rd rescource needed for troops, but using the correct strategy, they are the srongest race at rushing. later in the game the orks become near unbeatable, becuase of the massive firepower they pack and the brutal melee.

Yes, they are the strongest for rushing, but all a player needs to do to stop that is fight off the first wave and then build a defensive line. One of the best ones is where a guard player stes up heavy weapon teams in cover, with basiliks pounding the ground a bit in front of them, with oygrins/infantry in the rear and air support.

Unregistered 06-21-2008 06:08 AM

hi i dont even have this game and i think it is one of the best games ever out by the look of the movie clips on youtube

this is definitly one of the best games out for stratigy lovers

Unregistered 07-07-2008 10:07 AM

tip: keeping your squads reinforced

if you want your squads to always be fully reinforced, then right click on the reinforce button. the unit will keep being reinforced until it has reached its maximum unit size. this is good if you dont want to need to attend to battle-damaged squads all the time, but can drain your resources.

Unregistered 08-09-2008 08:44 AM

if your playing as the imperial gaurd always have a good defence and then when you can bring in the baneblade and you are sure to win

Unregistered 08-17-2008 07:58 PM

lol i sorta aggree with all of u. i must say that baneblade fails alot...sorry.. Orks have great fire power. just get flash gitz. shootaz lots of them..have ya squigith. battle tanks ready...sit back and shoot those tau..they will b to worried bout the squig and there for u can out shoot them! on the other hand i play all races...bbut if i vs u and i am playing tau watch out.................WE ARE HELLIONS LORDS OF FLYING DEATH ARMY!!!!!!!....................

Unregistered 08-28-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153630)
lol i sorta aggree with all of u. i must say that baneblade fails alot...sorry.. Orks have great fire power. just get flash gitz. shootaz lots of them..have ya squigith. battle tanks ready...sit back and shoot those tau..they will b to worried bout the squig and there for u can out shoot them! on the other hand i play all races...bbut if i vs u and i am playing tau watch out.................WE ARE HELLIONS LORDS OF FLYING DEATH ARMY!!!!!!!....................

necrons r great i guess they definately would beat the imperial guard. the race that kicks ass is definately eldar

Unregistered 09-10-2008 04:16 PM

The Best race is the Chaos Marines. They can build fast and the infantry, when fully upgraded can become infiltrated and take out the whole lot. Especialy with the Chaos Gods. Then the air support is second to best from the Elder. In about five minutes you can have an army and burn the other races in flames.